My little lady has finally stopped throwing up but is having an extra day off school to regain some energy. To help refuel her we made this delicious and nutritious pesto pasta for lunch. I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again, pesto is THE BEST way to get raw food, packed with vitamins and minerals, into your kids, and yourselves of course!
This particular one contains almonds – which are an amazing source of healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamin E, magnesium and potassium…amongst other things! Parsley and broccoli – just bursting with iron, calcium, folates, vitamins A, C, K… B1,2,3,5&6 etc etc… Lemon juice – aids digestion and is an amazing source of vitamin C… This pesto is basically a super-douper food!
Don’t worry too much about amounts and measurements. Making pesto is not a science, just pop what you have into a strong food processor, blend, taste and adjust to your liking. Cook some pasta and stir the pesto through while it’s still hot.
- Almonds – a large handful (I only had blanched in the house but any will do)
- Garlic – one crushed clove is enough
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli – about 4-5 stalks chopped in half
- Parsley – a smallish bunch, stalks and all
- Lemon Juice – about half a lemon is fined, taste and add more if you like
- Olive oil – be generous! Drizzle it in as your food processor is running ’til you get the right consistency
- Salt & Black Pepper – to taste